Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Over the Table and Under the Bar

Am reposting this, just in case new viewers have arrived...and thanks for the shout-out, Leonard!

Originally posted January 16, 2009:

On January 1, 2009, I began writing on the Over the Table and Under the Bar series.

I am literally picking a question and a song out of a bowl and a vase, respectively, each morning. The two slips of paper are being stapled to the print-out of the song lyrics, which is then folded and inserted into my journal.

16 days into the series, I'm finding that I'm having to force myself to keep it brief. The first couple of plays were difficult to write, but the past couple could have gone on for pages and pages. Last night, I found myself at 10:45 PM telling myself that I had to wrap up the play because I was exhausted and wanted to get to sleep. I really could have (and probably will, eventually) written much more on those two characters.

I'll post (each day, hopefully) the question, responses, song, and lyrics of the day. Though the writing has started, I'd love to keep reading your responses. Carl seems to be having fun with creating his own stories when he reads the day's picks. I imagine some of you will, too.

Now we're 112 days in...I'm behind on the writing, but will finish up strong now that I'm in the home stretch...63 plays left is somehow the home stretch...but hey...

No comments:

Post a Comment